BIO: Anand is a hands-on and result-oriented Software Quality Evangelist with 20+ years in the IT field of which 18+ years in the software test field. He is passionate about shipping a quality product, and specializes in building automated testing tools, infrastructure and frameworks.
Anand writes testing related blogs and has built open-source tools related to Software Testing – WAAT (Web Analytics Automation Testing Framework), TaaS (for automating the integration testing in disparate systems) and TTA (Test Trend Analyzer).
Presentation: Measuring Consumer Quality – The Missing Feedback Loop
session level: intermediate
How to build a good quality product is not a new topic. Proper usage of methodologies, processes, practices, collaboration techniques can yield amazing results for the team, the organisation, and for the end-users of your product.
While there is a lot of emphasis on the processes and practices side, one aspect that is still spoken about “loosely” – is the feedback loop from your end-users to making better decisions.
SO, What is this feedback loop? Is it a myth? How do you measure it? Is there a “magic” formula to understand this data received? How to you add value to your product using this data?
In this interactive session, we will use a case study of a B2C entertainment-domain product (having millions of consumers) as an example to understand and also answer the following questions:
- The importance of knowing your Consumers
- How do you know your product is working well?
- How do you know your Consumers are engaged with your product?
- Can you draw inferences and patterns from the data to reach of point of being able to make predictions on Consumer behaviour, before making any code change?
Attendees will have deeper understanding and appreciation of the following:
- What is Consumer Quality and how does it help shape your business
- Ways to measure Consumer Quality
- Why is understanding Consumer Engagement vital to the success of your product
Workshop: Analytics Rebooted – A Workshop
session level: beginner
I have come across some extreme examples of Business / Organizations who have all their eggs in one basket – in terms of # understand their Consumers (engagement / usage / patterns / etc.), # understand usage of product features, and, # do all revenue-related book-keeping.
This is all done purely on Analytics! Hence, to say “Business runs on Analytics, and it may be OK for some product / user features to not work correctly, but Analytics should always work” – is not a myth!
What this means is Analytics is more important now, than before.
In this workshop, we will not assume anything. We will discuss and learn by example and practice, the following:
- How does Analytics works (for Web & Mobile)?
- Test Analytics manually in different ways
- Test Analytics via the final reports
- Why some Automation strategies will work, and some WILL NOT WORK (based on my experience)!
- We will see demo of the Automation running for the same.
- Time permitting, we will setup running some Automationscripts on your machine to validate the same