BIO: Łukasz is a dedicated Test Engineer who advices teams in implementing continuous delivery solutions with use of test automation and TestOps practices. He specialises in testing distributed architecture and connecting agile mindset with top notch technology. Big enthusiast of open-source software and continuous testing approach. Author of the testdetective.com blog and frequent speaker at various IT events. After hours, a guitar nerd and a books fan.
Presentation: Test automation vs distributed architecture
session level: advanced
While distributed system architecture is becoming a new standard in case of web application engineering, functional test automation is still struggling to catch up. Knowing the cost of frontend automation and having the majority of domain logic exposed by REST APIs, there is a strong need for robust and reliable end-to-end automated testing based on the backend side.
There’re many challenges in distributed systems for test automation: asynchronous calls, messaging protocol, domain modeling, just to name a few.
In this talk we will go step-by-step through designing and implementing end-to-end testing framework for microservices. We’ll dive into isolating environments, test strategy, code and automation. All of this based on lessons learnt from building automated a test solution for the real-world, complex distributed architecture.
- Robust test automation strategy for microservices architecture
- Technical challenges of testing distributed architecture
- Domain modeling approach in automated tests composition
- Tools and frameworks for implementing REST API test automation
- Handling Asynchronous communication and message architecture in test automation
- Building microservice CD and Engineering pipeline around test automation
- Lessons learns in implementing complex REST-API test automation solutions